Hairgrass (Eleocharis Vivipara) LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT
Hairgrass (Eleocharis Vivipara) is a very dense-growing plant that is perfect for covering large sections of the aquarium background. As its name suggests, it can grow to heights of over 20 inches! In addition to its attractive appearance, this potted plant provides dense foliage for shrimp & fish fry.
Tall Hairgrass is a relatively hardy and durable plant if it is provided with nutrient-rich water and, just as importantly, full-spectrum lighting suitable for moderate to high-light plants. It propagates by runners in the substrate. Under optimal conditions, it will need to be trimmed back occasionally in areas where it is not desired to spread. As stated above, it can grow to very impressive heights and it typically will not stop growing once it has reached the surface of the aquarium. For this reason, we do not recommend it for smaller, shorter aquariums, but we highly recommend it for larger, taller planted tanks.
While Tall Hairgrass does not require CO2 supplementation, it will grow taller & faster while maintaining its beautiful bright green coloration under these conditions. Unlike some hairgrass species, it does not require vertical trimming and it can also be grown emersed in semi-aquatic aquariums & terrariums.
What We Like About This Plant: 🌠🌠
🌟 Extremely tall growth that will reach the top of most aquariums.
🌟 Grows in a dense mat that will easily cover a large area if desired.
🌟 Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry.
🌟 Can be very hardy and durable in a well-lit, nutrient-rich aquarium.
Care Guidelines: 🌠🌠
🌟 Temperature: 59° - 77° F (15° - 25° C)
🌟 Care: Easy
🌟 Growth Rate: Slow
🌟 Lighting: Moderate to high
🌟 Aquarium placement: Background
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.