LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT
Ludwigia inclinata var. 'Cuba' (formerly known as Ludwigia sp. 'Cuba') is a beautiful large stem plant, growing emersed as well as submersed in swampy areas on the "Isle of Youth", a small island off the south-western coast of Cuba. When cultivated above the waterline, its leaves are typical for an emersed Ludwigia, ovate and green, however, when cultivated submersed, its leaves grow out long, thin and show a marbled pattern with red and orange hues. Besides its unique appearance, this variety belongs to the species of Ludwigia inclinata, all whose members form the same large yellow flower even though their geographical locations as well as their habit differ greatly. L. inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba' was first introduced to the hobby by Tropica, not too long ago. Although not very well-known right now, this plant is sure to spread in aquaria of enthusiasts everywhere.
This Ludwigia has some requirements that need to be fulfilled before it shows its full potential, though: sufficient light, additional CO2, a well-balanced nutrient supply & sufficient room to grow. If these conditions are fulfilled, the plant proves to be a fast grower. Good light is highly important, it should be around 0.5 - 1 watt per litre. Without the addition of CO2, the plant will grow wider, greener & fewer leaves, and its overall growth rate will slow down considerably.
Given that the conditions are good, L. inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba' grows over the substrate at an angle, like other Ludwigia species. Its habit is highly ramified, and in combination with its fast growth, this plant might almost be called invasive in too confined an aquarium. Moreover, it does not tolerate frequent or intensive trimming well. If you cut off the shoot it may happen that the rest of the plant turns black & dies off. Thus, it is almost a must to replant the cut-off shoot.
What We Like About This Plant: 🌠🌠
🌟 Very easy to propagate.
🌟 Bright green coloration.
🌟 Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry.
🌟 Very hardy and durable in a well-lit, nutrient-rich aquarium.
🌟 Prolific growth that is ideal for the aquarium background.
Care Guidelines: 🌠🌠
🌟 Temperature: 71-86° F
🌟 CO2: Required
🌟 Care: Easy
🌟 Lighting: Moderate to High
🌟 Tank Placement: Background
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.