Ludwigia Repens (Rubin) LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT
This strikingly-colored dark red plant was imported by the aquatic plant nursery Tropica under the name Ludwigia repens 'Rubin'. It is also known as Ludwigia sp. "wine red". Recent research showed that it is not a L. repens variety but a relative of L. glandulous, and probably a hybrid. For this reason, it is also called Ludwigia . glandulosa or Ludwigia "Rubin". Some nurseries erroneously carry the plant as L. glandulosa or "L. glandiosa" (distinction from true L. glandulous: see below).
The leaf form of Ludwigia "Rubin" is quite similar to that of L. repens, and its growth habit is also comparable. Ludwigia "Rubin" throws many roots on its nodes, which can be removed without problems, though. The plant is a little susceptible when transported, but recovers easily from the damages caused given that it is provided with good growing conditions.
Propagation is as easy as for all stem plants. L. "Rubin" forms lateral shoots on a regular basis, which can be cut off and re-planted, as well as the top shoot.
Ludwigia "Rubin" is one of the darkest red plants, which makes it a true eyecatcher in any aquarium layout. A small group, positioned in the middle ground, with some green plants as a backdrop, will provide the onlooker with a beautiful focal point. Microsorum pteropus "Narrow Leaf" or Hydrophilia balsamica used as neighboring plants bring out its colours especially well.
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.