The first reason why Malaysian driftwood is great for the aquarium is because it sinks. Unlike other woods, Malaysian driftwood is so dense that it will instantly sink. This means no waiting for it to water log, no anchoring it and most importantly no hassle. The second reason we use Malaysian driftwood, or any driftwood for that matter, is because it creates surface area. What we mean is this,fish need places to hide, graze and sit on. By adding driftwood to an aquarium, one can more than double the surface area in a tank. The best thing about Malaysian driftwood is it is dark thus when all that algae we normally hate grows on it, we don't know and can't see it. Thus we won't clean the algae off the driftwood so in return we are providing a natural and nearly unnoticeable food source for the fish. The final main benefit we see from using Malaysian driftwood is the tannins. These tannins leach from the driftwood into the water column carrying a multitude of antifungal and antibacterial properties. Although most people prefer clear aquarium water, here at Canton Aquatics we find that the slight discoloration adds character to the tank and allows the fish to feel more comfortable.
Please Note: Malaysian Driftwood is a natural product and size and shape of each piece is unique and will vary. Dimensions will also vary slightly. Rinse thoroughly and soak in water to help reduce safe and natural release of organic acids that tint aquarium water.
Helps To Soften Water Naturally
Create Natural Landscape
Releases Natural Tannins
Great For Plecos
Provides Hiding Places for Fish
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.