Mermaid Hygro (Proserpinaca Palustris) LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT
Proserpinaca Palustris Mermaid Weed, also known as Saw-Tooth Hygro, has the potential to make a dramatic statement in any tank in which it is planted. Its leaves start out a vibrant green color with choppy, serrated edges. When allowed to grow under high-intensity lighting, the leaves will become more bristle-like, resembling tiny, delicate combs. Additionally, the leaves will gradually change from just green to a variety of pink and golden hues. This plant will certainly add a pop of color to your tank!
This plant is considered moderately difficult to grow and maintain, so it may not be ideal for beginning aquatic plant enthusiasts. If kept under insufficient lighting and/or water lacking in nutrients, Mermaid Weed tends to shed its leaves. Carbon dioxide injection is highly recommended for this plant to truly thrive.
Mermaid Weed grows at a moderate to slow pace, so pruning does not need to be done too often. When needed, this plant should be pruned and propagated much like other stem plants. The plant grows in shoots that can be trimmed and replanted into your substrate. The vibrant tops of the stems can be cut off and replanted to spread the colorful parts of the plant around. The stem bottoms can be thrown out or left in the substrate to give the plant a bushier texture.
Care Guidelines: 🌠🌠
🌟 Temperature: 71-86°F
🌟 Care: Easy to Moderate
🌟 Lighting: High
🌟 Co2: Required
🌟 Growth rate: Moderate to Fast
🌟 Propagation: Cut stem and replant.
🌟 Aquarium placement: Midground
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.