Mondo Grass (Ophiogon Japonica) LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT
Mondo Grass beautiful green blades that resemble a lush lawn of grass, Ophiopogon Japonicus is a great bog plant originating from Asia. This plant species is not a true aquatic plant and should be kept in terrariums, paludariums or any other high-humidity setup. Mondo Grass does not require too much lighting and is partial to shaded areas as well. We would recommend using it as a background plant choice in a pond/bog style planted aquarium. When provided with good care, Ophiopogon Japonicus will reward you with dense tufts of beautiful growth.
Ophiopogon japonicus is frequently offered as aquarium plant however, it is not suitable for submersed cultivation. When planted into a tank, it may survive for months due to its exceptional robustness, however, sooner or later it will die off and rot away.
Mondo grass, however, is highly suitable as slow-growing, robust terrarium plant in normally moist (not wet) soil. In protected outdoor areas or in regions with mild winters it is sufficiently hardy in Central Europe, and its high shade tolerance makes it a great plant e.g., for city house patios. Fresh soils rich in humus are recommendable, but short dry periods are tolerated by this deep-rooting plant. During the warm season, mondo grass grows short flower stalks with small whiteish or blueish flowers, from which dark blue berries develop. Ophiopogon japonicus, commonly called mondo grass, is an evergreen, tuberous-rooted, rhizomatous, perennial of the lily family.
Care Guidelines: 🌠🌠
🌟 72°F to 78°F
🌟 Care: Medium
🌟 Light: Moderate
🌟 True Aquatic: Yes
🌟 Height: 6-12"
🌟 Available As: Bareroot
🌟 Growth rate: Slow
🌟 Propagation: Cut lateral runners and replant
At Canton Aquatics LLC, we take great pride in providing high-quality live aquarium plants to our customers. We understand the complexities involved in shipping live plants and are committed to ensuring they arrive at your doorstep in excellent condition.
- All live plants are shipped using USPS Standard and Priority Mail to provide the fastest and most reliable service.
- Plants are typically shipped Monday - Friday to avoid weekend delays.
- Each plant is carefully packaged in sealed plastic bags to hold in moisture during the shipping process.
DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy:
- If you receive plants that are dead on arrival, please contact us within 2 hours of delivery with clear photographic evidence.
- Upon receipt of the photos, we will assess the situation. If the plants are determined to be DOA, we will replace or provide refund.
- For a valid DOA claim, replacements or refunds will be processed within 2 business days after the claim is approved.
- Please keep in mind that all plants require sun light to live therefore your plants may arrive slightly yellow. Please float your plants at the top of your tank near the light for 3 days if applicable. They will enjoy this new added light intensity to help them recover.
Limitations and Responsibilities:
- The DOA policy is only applicable if the first delivery attempt is made within the shipping duration specified at the time of purchase.
- Delays due to incorrect shipping information provided by the customer or missed deliveries will void the DOA guarantee.
- Extreme weather conditions can impact the health of the plants in transit. We recommend checking the weather forecasts and choosing a shipping window accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to acclimate the plants to their new environment according to best practices. Our DOA policy does not cover plants that perish due to improper acclimation.
Cancellation and Changes:
- Orders can only be cancelled or changed before they are shipped. Once the order is in transit, we cannot accept cancellations or changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or the condition of your plants upon arrival, please contact our customer support team at [Contact Information].
By placing an order with Canton Aquatics LLC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this shipping policy.